Sunday, May 17, 2009

They call it sunshine!



It's back!  The sunshine made it back from the dark and wet place.  What a weekend here in Portland.  Today is the second 80+ day in a row, with a chance of 5 more 70+ days! Woo Hoo!
The skinny, pale brothers are enjoying a little vitamin D!

Both boys thought it was cold..."BRR"  

Tennyson enjoyed it a little longer!  

Today is one of those days I sit and think about all the things I am so grateful for.  My family first and foremost.  My children surprise me every day with their intelligence, humor and love.  I admire both boys so much for all the things they have taught me.  

My Atticus who is a wise old soul teaches me about patience and knowlege.  He takes time to stop and smell the roses.  I appreciate that about him so much.  He makes me a better mom because of his inquiry.  The other day riding in the car, he got so excited in the back seat and said "Mom, look I have nature on my arm", pointing to a tiny little moth perched on his wrist.  He is truly the only 7 year old I know who prefers to get up before the sun each day and watch the discovery channel.  He is my little scientist.

Atticus and I at his first grade "Mother's Day Tea"


Then there is my little Tennyson.  He is so full of energy and tenacity.  He wakes up in the morning bright blue-eyed and very bushy tailed.  He greets me with a "good moning momma" missing the "rr" sound.  I can't wait to look into his bright blue eyes and ask him how he slept.  He wakes up every day ready to take on what ever comes his way.  No matter how many times he falls down, he always gets back up and puts a smile on his face.  His knees may be completely black and blue, but it does not slow him down the slightest.  He makes me stronger!  I am so blessed to have two beautiful and completely different boys!  



Then there is my sister, Amanda.  I love her so much!  She is so amazingly smart, beautiful and strong.  I never imagined having such a wonderful relationship with her.   She teaches me to stay positive and roll with the punches.  I am so lucky to live only 1.6 miles from her.  It is literally running distance away!  

Today is a day when I think about all the gifts in my life.  My family (both here and in memory), friends, and the sunshine.  Thank you to all of you who have helped shape my life!  I am truly grateful!  Have a great week everyone!

Monique

3 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh! Beautiful! This sounds like a perfect weekend. It hurts though to see these wonderful boys growing up. They look so mature!!! I miss you and can't wait for us to get together SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they look like they are having fun in the fountain and another weekend coming up that sounds just as good as the last one and before you know they will be tan. Love to come here and look

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes you are very blessed. Those little boys are a blessing from above. They cherish every day they get with you. you are their world and their Rock, Cherish these days always for far too soon they will grow up and be very busy boys that will sometimes forget to tell you how much they love you and how much you mean to them. they are a joy and their family is so very proud of them.

    ReplyDelete